GDPR - Privacy and Personal Data
Berkhamsted Jazz is a small, not-for-profit organization, which exists to provide twelve live concerts each year at the Civic Centre in Berkhamsted, featuring the best of British jazz musicians.
The data we seek consent to hold is contact data, i.e. name, address, phone numbers & email address.
We will use this data only to contact members with details of our concerts, our AGM, and other matters relating to Berkhamsted Jazz.
We will not retain any financial data (ie bank, sort code, account number) for those people who give us payment by cheque.
We do not share your data with any third party organizations.
Under GDPR regulations, the lawful basis for us to collect & use this data is termed "Consent". This means that members have certain rights, viz:
* the right to be informed about us and our policies and procedures - i.e. via this Privacy Notice
* the right of access - a member can request a copy of the personal data we hold on them, and we must respond within 1 month
* the right to rectification - members can request that the information is corrected if it is wrong
* the right to erasure - members can ask us to delete their personal data
* the right to restriction of processing - given that our only use of the data is to contact them, we think this is unlikely to occur
* the right to portability of data - given that we do not share data, we think this does not apply
*the right to object - again, as we only use the data to contact members, we think this is unlikely to occur
In any event, members have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) if they should be concerned about the way we handle their data.